Today on the show:
- Myriad Global Hack Challenge Status Report: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MVpakaZk6X_p8Cog5ZXINp2fOSfSG1DhWiMYeEqvBCk/edit#gid=0
- Success – double 8’s/7’s, Quad 5’s/6’s, 4min hack time till August 7th at 5pm UTC: https://t.co/YcXHdDa0gU?amp=1
- Rewards Extended 2.5 hours due to a delay in enabling the rewards
- Field Trip being retired – Andrew Krug mentioned in his TG channel that the word he has gotten from the office is that it will not impact the mission creator. https://nianticlabs.com/blog/fieldtrip/
- June/July AMA Questions: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2036/june-july-ama-questions-and-answers#latest
Q: quirischa – When can we expect Field Tests – a new series of experimental events? What will it be?
A: Our Events Team informs me that the first Field Test event will most likely be in September, with more information (including city application instructions) in July.
- Ingress Prime v. 2.27 – UI Update
- Ingress Prime v. 2.27.3 – Fixed waypoint portals selection issue: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2676/ingress-prime-v-2-27-3-release-notes#latest
- Ingress Prime v. 2.28, v.2.29 – Will be in a couple of weeks: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2777/update-on-2-28-release#latest
- Upcoming Changes to Policy Enforcement
- Strike 1 – Warning
- Strike 2 – Suspension
- Strike 3 – Termination
- Access to Scanner [Redacted] will be disabled for all 3
- Some violations may require immediate account termination
- Scanner [Recacted] was down on July 19th. Nemesis says they are the cause:
- Some older players say they will go out with Redacted – low graphics version
- New Glyphs
- Brian Rose (@brianrose) returns to @NianticLabs as senior producer for @Ingress:
- Myriad goes to ENL, 5-3
- No Mission Control for start of anomaly – hack 13 portals during the anomaly instead of registration. This cuts WAY down on cross faction contacts (Simon Sez on the street) – just see opposing faction in the box / group pic / scores announcement
- Split box – University / Capital – dead zone between
- Rules like Chicago – 9 measurements – 3 simultaneous games
- 100 points split between teams for most shards that jumped to a research node (target) in a measurement – linking into a research portal and keeping it alive on the portal while it is there
- 100 points split between the teams for longest “link snake or link length” – from anchor to portals in a row. Sore was link length times number of links. Last links end up worth more.
- 40 points – all or nothing for most unique portal hacks. – Throw out top and bottom 15% of your faction number of UPH – then AVERAGE what is left. – Need ALL agents getting LOTS of hacks to up the average. Total number of agents does not have a big effect here – are ALL your agents getting hacks?
- GENERAL ownership of the portals in the box does not mean much – strategic ownership and strategic attacking of research node (shards) portals and links portals / bases for link snake
- Recharge rooms – if responsive – can make a big difference keeping research nodes and link snake portals alive old volatile portals
- Ruck the box – new? – agents with a weighted backpack / rucksack on the march in the playbox for the entire anomaly time (Or until they hit their distance). I think min distance was 6K – many went over.
- Can have a BIG effect on Unique Portal Hacks
- Out of the top 102 UPH only 25 were ENL. (#1 was ENL – but you throw out the top and bottom 15%!)
- Niantic Shop reopens with Myriad Swag. New tabs for Niantic Gear & Pokemon Go Gear: https://shop-niantic.com/