Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Today on the show:
- Ingress Prime Teardown – v2.44.1 –
- Thank you Fevenir and all of the folks at FevGames for this article.
- Source and full article we encourage you to read: https://fevgames.net/ingress-prime-apk-teardown-2-44-1/
- Battles are coming, and fast.
- New variables were added in the game:
- which shows how battles will be announced on COMM, like Beacons or Frackers.
- Battle Beacons! (See attached picture (https://i.imgur.com/KNkRluM.jpg), the two beacons combined) Much larger than regular beacons, might mirror the same functionality as Raid indicators in that game with Pocket Monsters. A NIA version of the beacon seems to exists, perhaps pointing to both player-made and NIA-generated Battles.
- Scoreboard and rounds are implemented: 6 rounds to be precise, with points per round. What is a round based on? It’s not known (for now).
- Rewards (attached to the beacon) and a tutorial were found.
- Capacity Rewards
- The string InventoryCapacityReward was spotted in the game. Is this a reward for battles? Paid subscriptions mentioned in the previous teardown? One thing is certain: 2000 items may not be your constraint for long.
- POI – Some code was noticed to implement “Sponsor Locations” in the game. It was already a thing in Ingress v1 (AXA, Lawson, …), but their look may change in Ingress Prime. Some of you may already know them from that other game with Pocket Monsters…
- Subscription – We’ve heard Niantic members saying to bring them ideas for subscription services in Ingress, and some strings were found that seem to lay down the foundations for those.
- EnableMapAvatarSound – Yup, the NL1331 van horn (which we all love so much, btw) makes use of this.
- EnableResonatorNorthIndicator – You guys asked, Niantic may deliver soon!
- EnableShowOtherMapAvatar – This one is way more interesting: seeing other Avatars on the map? Our colleagues at FevGames say they are not sure what that means. We dream, hope, pray that this is what we are thinking…
- Van as the Avatar! (Beep Beep)
- Resembling a SIM card, the new “Access Point exploit” — Apex Boost — temporarily modifies the Ingress Scanner to multiply AP earned for 30 minutes.
- While Apex is activated, a 30:00 minute timer is visible on the map screen. Returning to the Boost category of the inventory carousel allows Agents to extend Apex for an additional 30:00 minutes, up to 2:00:00 hours. (It isn’t possible to stack multiple Apex 2X concurrently for 4X AP.)
- Please note that Apex are not hackable XM objects via the Portal Network. One Apex 2X will be added to each NEW ACCESS field kit when Agents level up (L2-8). Apex will also be available to all Agents in the Store.
- Apex was available in the Store at 0 CMU to Agent accounts older than eight days starting April 1 through April 9.
- Lots of server updates the back end
WHAT’S IN THE CAPSULE?
Submit your own idea for Ingress
CONTACT & SUBMISSIONS
SpeakPipe | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch
Free Audio Book w/ Audible
Get Global wifi, a free day pass & %10 off using code AGENTACADEMY
Print Merch for your community